Monday, December 24, 2012

                                                             adf.ly
Is adfly worth it? This month I trialled advertising on adf.ly CPM advertising for a website I own. Here is my review of adfly:
Advertising spend: $5.
I ordered the worldwide option. After signup, payment and entering my website details I was taken to the account screen which showed the website was pending an admin check. i guess adfly do this for all sites now after spam and virus complaints from users and affiliates.
72 hours. Thats how long It said I needed to wait for the website verification check to complete according to the adfly notification. Luckily I guess they were feeling fresh and it was done in about 6 hours.
Now here’s the interesting part.
For my $5 I was to get 5,000 visitors on the worldwide package. According to the adfly traffic statistics, The website received approximately 5,300. Sweet, right? Well…not quite.
Google analytics says 950.
So $5 for 950 verifiable uniques. Oops.
So how about location? Were they prime juicy US visitors? In a word, no. Thailand, brazil, malaysia, etc. were prominent and the vast majority of visitors sent were from developing countries (viewable in google analytics).
So to sum up; approximately 1000 visitors from third world countries viewing your website for at least 5 seconds for $5.
Conclusion: I will not be using adf.ly again.
Adf.ly warning: if you do decide to use adfly; after signup and during the pending check of your website, remember to PAUSE your campaign! This way you control when it starts, else it will start as soon as the site verification is done. Which could be anytime.
.............................................................................................................................................................

                                                             adhitz.com
     

No comments:

Post a Comment